When it comes to luxe eats, I have enjoyed quite a few of the World’s most expensive. But this $76, 000 Thanksgiving Day dinner – by far takes the Turkey!
My first rendezvous with luxe eats was as a video producer for Harper’s BAZAAR. I filmed a live demo of the making of the $1000 Golden Opulence Sundae at Serendipity. There’s even a $2000 – 24K Pizza, but they got nothing on Old Homestead’s – $76, 000 Thanksgiving Day Dinner.
“Moderation is a fatal thing. Nothing succeeds like excess.”
~ Oscar Wilde
Old Homestead has become the master of excess when it comes to the most expensive food – this isn’t the NYC steakhouse’s first romp with luxe eats. In 2016, Old Homestead was charging $50k for Thanksgiving Day Dinner according to Refinery 29. Fast forward to 2017; Old Homestead has outdone themselves with this $76,000 Thanksgiving Dinner.
“What we focused on is using the most expensive ingredients”
~ Marc Sherry – Old Homestead co -owner
You don’t say! The experience looks something like the spread we image would’ve been the last supper. According to CNBC, the spread includes:
• $475-per-pound imported Japanese Wagyu beef lollipop
• Gravy infused with $3,300 special reserve Pappy Van Winkle bourbon
•$100 imported king oysters
• $225-per-pound smoked bacon slabs, cured from an imported Japanese black boar
• Orange marmalade glaze made from $75 Dekopon oranges and an $1,800 special reserve bottle of cognac
• $4,800 Louis XIII cognac
• Organic, $105-per-pound turkey basted in $17-per-ounce Italian olive oil and seasoned with spices from the Middle East.
• Whipped sweet potatoes topped with $1,600-per-ounce black caviar from the Caspian Sea
• Mashed potatoes topped with a $455-per-pound imported Swedish moose cheese
• Stuffing — a mix of $54-per-pound foie gras, Wagyu beef and $46 per loaf sourdough
• Cranberry sauce — organic cranberries and a $1,750 French Cabernet Sauvignon reduction and a dash of $1,800 orange liquor.
Sure to create memories and eat all of the best ingredients of the world, I am looking forward to Old Homestead’s Luxurious 2018 Thanksgiving Dinner!